Tuesday 12 August 2014

In August - Wheat and "straw and order"





Around La Pouyette:

 

*



*


...like sculptures on the fields....


*



*


*


*


*



....my childhood memories backed onto wheat and harvested fields....



*


*


*
 

I simply love it!

***
*
Referring to my previous post:
 Vincent van Gogh 


"I experience a period of frightening clarity in those moments
when nature is so beautiful.
I am no longer sure of myself,
and the paintings appear as in a dream."



 Sheaves of Wheat, 1890
 Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas, Texas

*


 Harvest in Provence, June 1888,
Israel Museum

*

 Wheat Fields or Wheat Fields with Sheaves, June 1888
Honolulu, Honolulu Museum of Art

*

 Arles
View from the Wheat Fields 
(Wheat Field with Sheaves and Arles in the Background), June 1888
 Musée Rodin, Paris, France

*

 Wheat Fields with Stacks 1888 
Private collection

*


Wheat Stacks with Reaper, 1890 
Toledo Museum of Art, Toledo, Ohio

*


Heaves of Wheat in a Field, July–August 1885 
Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo, Netherlands


***
*


Wheat
and gilded bronze vase by Albert Marionnet (1852-1910)

*
*

 "Blessed be the Harvest,
Blessed be the Corn Mother,
Blessed be the Grain God,
For together they nourish both body and soul.
Many blessings I have been given,
I count them now by this bread.
Guardian of the East, I pray for your indulgence.
Hear me now as I request your aid in the cycle of life.
As your winds blow through fields of ripened grain,
Carry loosened seeds upon your back
That they may fall amidst the soil
That is our Mother Earth."

  Lammas Ritual  



A bientôt....


4 comments:

  1. your photos are stunning + took me back to my childhood + love the painting also. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are always beautiful and considered. There is something about the harvest that touches the inner spirit. The weekends of our childhood were often spent in the countryside. I have many colourful memories of collecting the bales of hay and carting them to the hay shed. A childhood adventure. Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karin

    The beauty of the hay and straw is consistent. It is just the shape of the bales that varies. Here in Ireland I am noticing very large square bales (similar in quantity to the round bales) Your images are wonderful, as usual. Many thanks
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another incredible post. I was just going through the opening photos, thinking how much they look like paintings, when suddenly appear the Van Goghs, many of which I've never seen before. Thank you for such a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete